Why Contribute to Doc Farm Films?
- We are truly independent storytellers. Without the pressure of advertisers or networks we have the freedom to tell unbiased stories and share unique viewpoints without corporate influence.
- We champion the unorthodox viewpoint. Our goal is to broaden audiences' perspective by exposing them to new topics and new points of view.
- We support a community of risk-taking, independent filmmakers. One filmmaker can do only so much. We believe that filmmakers need community support to encourage unique storytelling and continually create strong films.
- We are not scared off by stories that are difficult to tell. We have hung out with Somali pirates, meth dealers and underground Cuban fighters. If it is a story worth telling, we will find a way.
The average budget for a short independent documentary: $20,000 - $50,000
The average budget for a feature length independent documentary: $500,000 - $2,000,000
(Searching for Sugarman had a budget of $1,000,000...)
Color Correction: $65./hour
Film Crew Support: $2,000/week
All donations are tax deductible. DFF accepts major credit cards, paypal, personal and business checks. Please make checks out to Doc Farm Films, Inc.
Doc Farm Films, Inc.
5000 MacArthur Blvd.
Oakland, CA 94613
In addition to monetary donations, pro-bono support and in-kind donations, you can have just as large of an impact on Doc Farm Films' Mission.
what We need NOW
- Legal Support
- Web Development
- Equipment Donation
- Airfare or Travel discounts - (Donate Your Miles)
- Music Licenses for scores for films
Think you have something we could use? Email us!